Monday, March 16, 2020

Wayne Trail Elementary (4th quarter 2020) Blog


March 16, 2020

Wayne Trail Families,

     I am sure you are getting flooded with information and instructions from both a governmental, business, and educational level.  I will try to post a few tips and updates regarding our current situation a few times a week on this blog.  This will save you a daily email from me.  Most of the updates will come from Dr. Cramer at the district level.
     My first piece of advice is to take advantage of the time you have with your child or children.  Before we embark on a new mode of education, I encourage you to take some time to teach your student/s a variety of functional skills should you have the materials to complete some of these tasks.  Teach your student/s the importance of chores and cleaning (bedrooms, laundry, bathrooms, etc.).  Teach your student/s how to measure and cook from a recipe book.  If it does not turn out tasty, that does not matter, at least you tried!  Have them hang a picture, measure something or design something from scratch.  I know that the Dollar Tree has some inexpensive building projects (planes, cards, sailboat, etc.).  I also included other ideas below from a picture I found online.  These are some great ideas of indoor activities.  However, if the weather warms up, have the students get out and clean up your yard or a neighbor's yard.  Now is a perfect time to show an act of service for someone (with also keeping your distance).  Even shooting hoops with a family member could get students some exercise.  Please reach out to me if you need anything during this unique period in education.



Dr. Nick Neiderhouse
Wayne Trail Elementary
Principal



No comments:

Post a Comment